Hab 3:17 Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines; the labour of the olive shall fail, and the fields shall yield no meat; the flock shall be cut off from the fold, and there shall be no herd in the stalls:
18 Yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will joy in the God of my salvation.
Life throws many things in a person's path. Sometimes we think we just can't continue on, that life is getting to be a little too difficult for us. Growing up as the son of a home-missions pastor, life could be pretty tough. Amber and I were at the Dickinson's 20-year Church Anniversary yesterday, and listening to Michael and Sara talk about all the trials of growing up in a home-missions church brought back a lot of memories.
But reading in Habakkuk we read that when all goes wrong - when the fig tree doesn't blossom, when the vines produce no fruit, and the fields no meat, and all seems as failure, STILL, I will rejoice in the Lord!
Mt 6:31 Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed? 32 (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things. 33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
Sunday, September 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment